2008/01/23

Wow, what fun! The annual Cheyenne Bridal Expo this last Sunday was great! Erin and I had a wonderful time meeting and talking with people. I was pretty nervous before hand, but after things got started and we got to talking, I was feeling pretty good, I think Erin was feeling much the same way. Unfortunately, since it was a last minute decision to attend, I didn't have time to prepare any sample albums or have as many display prints as I would have liked. I was able to get a projected slideshow up and running, which I thought was a lot of fun. It gave me the opportunity to show more of what I do other than just having a few sample prints of my best work. Over the rest of the year, we're going to work at getting more studio samples, partly in preparation for next year's bridal show. Yup, that's right, we enjoyed it so much this year we're going back for more next year. I'll post dates closer to the end of the year, as soon as I get them-.

It was interesting to see the wide range of dates that people were planning for; everything from this March to November of 2009. We also got a better understanding of when the more popular weekends were. Most were August, especially the first two weekends. July seemed to come in second, again, especially the first two weekends. I'm guessing the last two weekends of July are less popular because of how busy everything is in town with Frontier Days; that's definitely one thing for couples to keep in mind for that time of year.

I would like to remind all the couples looking at my services, that in order to reserve the day, I need a signed copy of the agreement as well as the retainer fee. Dates are filling up, so the sooner, the better. For those that I may not have had a chance to speak with on Sunday, if you don't see a package that fits your needs, let me know what you're looking for and I'll customize something for you. That's the hard thing about designing packages, you try to provide what you think everyone may need, but they actually only fulfill the needs of a few (hmmm... reminds me of a line from the first Star Trek movie. Ok, yes, I'm a SciFi dork, I admit it). For everyone that made appointments to talk to me further about my services, I look forward to speaking with you!

On another note, I finally got my photos back from the week long behind the scenes coverage I did for the episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition that was filmed here in Cheyenne back in August. I did have a chance to look through them real quick and it still boggles the mind how much they leave out on the actual episode and how little of an emphasis they put into all the work and dedication that goes into it from all the people that donate their time and services. Hopefully, starting next week (after I finish a couple other jobs I have this week) I will be able to start editing the photos and create a gallery for you to view. I'm really looking forward to finally having a chance to work on them. Once I get the gallery up, if you see a photo of yourself, let me know and I'll give you a copy of the image.


Until Next Time...
Stay in Focus,

-Keith

No comments: